Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday 6 February 2010

Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 15 minute Facial Peel

Since receiving the Soap and glory Plane Jane beauty collection for Christmas, which I love I have decided to try out more of their range that they have to offer.

At the moment Boots are doing a offer to save 1/3 on selected products.
So I decided to get the Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 15 minute Facial Peel, Which was £4.00 instead of £6.00.

Ive been looking for a new face mask to try for a while now so thought I would give this a go.

What they say
On the box it claims to shrink pores thanks to the PORESHRINK-R COMPLEX And is ideal for greasy, spot prone or problem skin, or for a strategic attack on a misbehaving T-Zone.

Here is what is meant to do just that:

■FOMES OFFICINALIS EXTRACT: A mushroom extract to tighten pores.

■SALICYLIC ACID: which loosens up the dead cells that contribute to pore clogging

■KAOLIN: That’s ‘cosmetic’ for clay. It sops up extra oil on your skin and smoothes your skin’s surface!

■VITAMINS E & C: Antioxidants.




Here is what the packaging looks like..







Here is what the product looks like..


It is a creamy texture with small green beads. Not so much a "peel".

On the instructions it says to use a Grape size amount and massage in circles until the green beads have all dissolved. With this mask it doesn't dry as some do but its more of a sticky texture. You can either leave it on for 5 mins for a quick refresher, or for fifteen mins for a deep-cleaning.

Does it work?
I left it on for the full 15mins. After washing it off, (I would suggest using a flannel to get it all off as it is easier) My skin did feel more refreshed and my pores did look sightly smaller.You do need to use a good moisturizer after using this as it does leave your skin feeling quite dry but I think that is due to the Kaolin (clay) that soaks up excess oil on the skin.

I have tested this three times and I can say that my skin is starting to look a lot clearer and not as oily.

For £4.00 I think that this is a good buy, and is ideal to use once a week.

Rating 8/10















1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails